Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Whole Life.

I'm a self professed magazine junky and they are everywhere in our house.  To declutter i've started tearing out pages of articles, recipes, etc. that I find interesting and I end up stashing those away as well ... everywhere. I'm in the middle of Spring cleaning and came across this page from the September 2010 issue of Whole Living....



I love the sentiment of each point, especially #9 - "Transform Anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create." This one hits home for me because I've been feeling quite a bit of anxiety in the past few months about work and our timeline for a new home & starting a family ... i've realized that fear can be both a positive and negative emotion and one that has paralized me on too many occassions recently. The day this changed is when my hubby reminded me that one of the reasons he fell in love with me was because I was a fighter, I perservered and have always been able to overcome my obstacles but that suddenly I was feeling defeated by then. That definitely put a fire under my ass - why had I become so deflated? I have a few answers to that question but the bottom line is I now feel in charge of my anxiety and reassured that I can create my own future and it doesn't need to be set by anyone else's expectations or needs. I feel ignited by the possibilities of my (and our) future instead of paralyzed by them. . Well, the point of this entry wasn't to babble but i've done that.... I hope you enjoy the '10 Thoughts on Whole Living - Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment